Friday, June 30, 2006

From my 2nd story kitchen window, I see a deer eating weeds in the
"garden". I say "garden" because it is a fenced in area that used to
be a tended garden but now the fence has several gaps and all that is
growing there are weeds, my raspberries and some mint. As the deer
headed over to the raspberries, I open the window and ask the deer
not to eat the raspberries. He/she looks up and after staring at me
for a few seconds, heads over to the gap in the fence and heads out.
Thank you! Nice to have obedient deer!

A RED raspberry has been seen! Lots more coming! Some even on the
bushes that I left in the shade. Hoping for two crops this year!

Possible bracts seen on the bougainvillea. Some reddish leaves. And a
few new leaves but overall it seems to be in suspended animation.
Odd, since it has been outside since May.

Reddish leaves seen on the unknown bush next to the privet.


The catalpa blossoms are fading.

The two monarda (bee balm) are beginning to show buds, the one on the
right moreso than the one on the left, which is a bigger plant.


Got the reel to reel to work so I can start listening to those tapes
I haven't heard in 30 years! Let's hope it keeps up.

No comments:

Post a Comment