Friday, June 23, 2006

The geraniums. What is causing the yellowing? Maybe it's all the new
growth covering up the first growth? The reddish tint was on all the
leaves when I first brought it out from wintering in the garage.


The evening primrose. I had this same kind in CT. Glad to see they
are finally doing well. I think I planted these last year. The
woodchuck hasn't eaten any of them since I put the screen, which you
can see parts of, above them.


The day lilies about to bloom. If I hadn't put the screen over them
the woodchuck would have eaten them when they first came up, nipped
them in the bud literally. There are many more behind these that are
not ready to bloom, have no flower shoots, that barely have leaves.
'Course they are right next to the woodchuck's hole, one of at least
3 I've seen here.


My cat, wilted by the heat, has found a good place to hang out. She
prefers the side of the fan that draws in the air rather than the
side that you can feel the breeze from. I guess the breeze would be
too strong on the side you can feel.


Also saw the rabbit and the woodchuck today. The rabbit in the front
yard. The woodchuck eating grass on my lawn.

Just heard a wood thrush for the first time in a long time. This one
had a quite complex call. I don't know if it was one that has been
here before. I have a few recordings of the older one and one of this
one. I have uploaded it to my Yahoo Briefcase (http://briefcase.yahoo.com/lipwak) in the "sounds from around the house' folder. It is titled "wood thrush 062306.aif"

No comments:

Post a Comment