Thursday, August 16, 2007

A not well woodchuck




Saw this woodchuck on the lawn a little while ago. I'd walked past it and been near it for awhile and then realized it was there. It wasn't moving although he poked his head up as I recognized it. It had flies all over it and it looked like it had bled on it's back. I talked to it, took this pic and then went away.

I did see it amble off into the garden towards one of the known woodchuck holes a little while later.

I don't know what was wrong with it. Had it been crushed by the propane delivery truck that had been there a little while earlier? Unlikely. It smelled bad. I don't know if woodchucks smell bad normally and have flies on them since most are so skittish, they take off when they see you.

I'd like to think I made him better by talking lovingly to it but that's probably not true.

No comments:

Post a Comment