Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The first day of summer, pt 2

The privet smells nice. Reminds me of the beach club I went to as a
youth. Spent all day there in the summer. I think the privets I am
remembering were out front so I'd smell them as I waited to get
picked up when I was too small to ride my bike home. There were also
privets on the way to the men's locker room.

I am seeing all kinds of activity in the privet. Those common white
butterflies/moths, some bumble bees and other bees, some flies. Tried
to take a movie of it but so far its too hard to frame with all the
disparate activity. I did see two white moths fight it out as they
kept climbing higher and higher, heading directly into the sun. Are
they fighting or mating?









Saw the rabbit as I headed out to get the mail. Talked to it. It
stayed for awhile, frozen, as I talked to it, just my head appearing
to it over Judi's car. Then perhaps startled by a car passing by, it
hopped off. Some day I hope to take a movie of it and get better,
close-up pics of it.

Keith Olbermann, MSNBC TV, has grey hair all of a sudden.

Which reminds me. I've been keeping a list of people that I think
look old all of a sudden. Here it is. The latest was added in
February. I add to it when someone really stuns me with how old they
look.

Gee they're looking old these days...

(in order of the most recently seen)
diane ladd looks about 70, 2/14/06
gore vidal on hot talk, 5/11/05 linktv. looks fat, barely recognizable.
mickey rourke 4/12/05 on letterman
father guido sarducci(3/18/05
richard brier (of good neighbors) white hair
ricky nelson, son of ozzie and harriet. grey haired an wrinkly.
devo! 8/14/04 Summerstage
tony danza has grey hair. at last! 7/17/04
John Dean, ancient on cspan 4/14/04
Paul Gigot, WSJ reporter, looks fatter
Bill Murray - grey hair
Chris Strachwitz, founder of Arhoolie Records. (Make Em Dance, 1/13/04)
Patty Duke in tv movie, 1/10/04
Maggie Roach - grey hair and haggered (on PHC 12/13/03. see pics)
Bill Murray - has a grey beard 8/26/03 on Letterman
Hayley Mills (looks ancient!)
Lyle Mayes (of the Pat Metheney Group)
Barry Scheck! (OJ Trial lawyer)
Tom and Dick (especially) Smothers
Larry Hagman
Jackson Browne - looks older
Tony Danza (at last!) Looks very old.
Pauline Oliveros
Don Rickles
Jamie Farr
Burt Ward
Mickey Dolenz - wrinkles
Gwen Verdon - real old, still has a recognizable voice
Billy Barty (midget)
Jerry Stiller
Dennis Weaver - 'course it's nice he's still alive...
Patrick McNamee (the Avengers)
Norman Fell (Three's Company)
Jonathan Harris (on Lost in Space)
Larry Hagman
Pat Boone
Robert Hunter (Grateful Dead lyricist)
Dick Cavitt
Jools Holland
Jimmy Page
Robert Plant
Ron Howard!! at last!
the B-52s!
Bela Fleck
Sissy Spacek, she's finally grown up!. Looks like an old Diane Keaton.
Robert Redford
Malcolm McDowell
James Arness

No comments:

Post a Comment