Thursday, June 22, 2006

The guy from the NRC, who wrote me a few days ago for the second time
in about a week at a cost of $5 to mail each one certified delivery,
hasn't called back. Maybe he'll write again...

A cloudy, dark day here. Some rain. Cool, have to wear long pants. 70
but cool. A cool 70. I don't understand how some 70 degree days can
feel cool/cold and other one's warm. I guess it's the humidity but
it's still strange.

10:55 am
Sun's out now. Getting more humid too. May have to change into shorts.

UPS says they are going to deliver my reel to reel part today. Let's hope.

Heard a car horn this morning as I was lying in bed that sounded to
me like it was warning the fawn(s?) to get out of the road. Hope
they're ok.

The catalpa tree is blooming all over! I don't think I've seen that
before. Pics to come. Nice white flowers and a little fragrant. I
think the tree is happier, not surprisingly, without grape vines
covering a good portion of it. The vines came off two years ago but
this year it looks fully healthy, so robust.

Geraniums looking radiant in the luxuriant grass by the birdbath.

Looking out my back window, using a mirror I have set on the stereo
cabinet so I can see it sitting in my comfy chair, I see a landscape
that is close but not exactly the same as what I've seen in Sierra
Club books, Appalachian in particular. Weeds, bushes, young trees,
fallen trees and limbs, grass farther away, the thick cover of tree
leaves with some trees standing out, some thinner spots and if I
crane my neck, the sky is small sections. I look out there alot,
check it often. I am glad I have that to look at. Much better to look
at something beautiful than something ugly and man-made. Half the
year I complain about the garbage I see strewn back there but this
time of year I can only see very little of it so nature wins out.

Sometimes I see deer, other times Orthodox Jewish children, other
times birds. Squirrels, woodchuck, chipmunks.

Noon
Fabio, on FMU, is playing some greatest hits. Dante's Inferno - Hell,
What Condition My Condition Is In, Hendrix - (name?, early)... Nice
white southern preacher style psychedelia... (Sun's out), sounds
familiar...

Anyone know what this reddish plant is? It isn't spreading.

No comments:

Post a Comment