Sunday, June 25, 2006

OK, Here is a re-enactment of the paper in the planter scene yesterday.

Before, a lovely verbena plant, given to me by Keep Rockland
Beautiful. Pretty much at it's peak.

Yesterday morning. I find the newspaper in the pot. A good shot or
was it placed there?

Then, as I remove the newspaper, I see the plant has been eaten. By
who? Woodchuck? Deer? Rabbit? Newspaper deliveryman?

Yesterday I also noticed that the potting soil that came with the
catnip (that never germinated) had become like a sort of ice due to
the rain. Bizarre. I wonder if anything will grow underneath it?

Some pics of the catalpa blossoms. The tree is in full bloom now.
Amazing colors in the blossoms. And they're fragrant!!! Lovely to have the catalpa and the privet smelling so sweetly. I don't know how long it will last but it is enjoyable while it does. (it's like the birds. You heard them for awhile and then they fly off, further north. The bird song activity here has fallen off although I do hear enough at times.)


A day lily has bloomed. That is the first one I've seen here. I'm so
glad some were able to get this far. The woodchuck, with it's hole a
few feet away, had a field day eating all the others in early spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment