Thursday, June 15, 2006

Primrose are blooming!









I had some yellow evening primrose with me when I lived in CT 4
summers ago. I guess got some new ones probably last year. I don't
think I transferred them. They didn't bloom last year. They probably
got eaten by the woodchuck(s) or covered by weeds. They are protected
this year and blooming as of today! I have one bloom and more coming.
Putting the wire screen over them as they were getting started was
what let them survive the woodchuck when they were budding earlier in
the spring.

The day lilies have buds too so they are going to bloom soon. That
has never happened here before too. The wire screen and keeping the
weeds from overshadowing them seems to be what worked this year.
Basic stuff. Don't let the woodchucks eat them and don't let the
weeds cover them.

I am amazed that they have survived all these years without being
tended to. There are a whole lot more day lilies right around the
woodchuck hole just beyond where these are. Maybe some day I'll
protect those too. It'd be nice to have them bloom. It will be hard
to keep the woodchuck out of them though. I'll need more screening...

These pics are so I can record that they really exist before someone
eats them. Woodchuck or deer.

I am also going to plant a bunch of marigolds and geraniums and one
other plant that already has flowers that Judi gave me. Pics to come
of that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment