Tuesday, June 20, 2006

yesterday's news cont.

Last night: Watched The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill but Came Down a Mountain again, Supper Troopers and The Last Seduction, again, on IFC. TEWWUAHBCDAM was pretty good, an amusing story. Super Troopers was surprisingly funny for a low-aiming comedy. Always fun to watch Linda Fiorentino as a pretty, bitchy NYer in The Last Seduction.









Yesterday: Noticed that one of the unknown bushes by the side of the
house (pic above) has flowers in some sections and they smell like honeysuckle!
This is the bush that had the black berries earlier. I've never seen
the flowers on this bush before. (6/21: I am now told this is a privet! Very exciting to now know what it is!)

And... on the bush to its left, there are very similar fowers although arranged differently on the leaves. I wonder if these are the same bush but different species? This one has lighter leaves.








Planted the catnip my sister Sue gave me. It never germinated so I
don't hold much hope that it will grow but maybe it will surprise me.
The Wandering Jew and Evening Primrose I planted last year surprised
me by blooming this year. The geraniums are doing well by the
birdbath, looking more radiant day be day.

Today, 6/20
I think I'll go vine hunting today. There are vines creeping up trees
I've pulled them from last year. I've already got poison ivy and it
isn't very hot today so I can wear long pants and a long shirt to
protect myself against ticks and more poison ivy, in theory.

The NRC wrote to me again yesterday. They say they will be looking
into the siren problem later this summer. Just wanted to let me
know. I called the guy back and said, you know they're replacing all
those sirens by next year. Maybe it isn't worth bothering with? I do
appreciate their looking into it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment