Saturday, November 04, 2006

Woodpecker heard banging away on the house again. Hear it as a sound
file in my Yahoo Briefcase, "Sounds from around the house" folder.

Suet put out for the first time this season. I'll do that until it
warms up again.

Saw a bird, not a woodpecker like before, checking out the birdhouse.
Let's hope it moves in. Looked like a song sparrow but couldn't
really tell. See the pic.

And I've seen my first piece of trash in my neighbor's back yard.
With the leaves off the trees, eventually I will see a scattering of
junk in the woods behind my house. My neighbors, apparently, like to
dispose of their trash in the woods. I see rusty buckets, plastic
jugs, metal things, other odds and ends. Disgusting. Pics to come if
they show them well enough.

I feel like bitching about Yahoo.

- The website is slow to respond. I have to click again and again to
get it to refresh pages or go where I want. I am using a cable modem
and every time I check I see that I am getting GREAT connection
speeds so it isn't the ISP or me.

- The web-based mail is stupid. You have to readjust your viewing
preferences Every god-damned time. I want my mail sorted by sender. I
have to do that with EVERY PAGE VIEW. Why can't their server remember
that?

More bitching to come.

And while I'm at it, Blogger is having its problems too. You can't
post messages today. Will keep trying, see how long this lasts. (Fixed by ~3pm. started trying to send via e-mail around 11am.)

- Also, when uploading pictures, I can't upload more than one at a
time. My browser, Camino, won't allow that. Others might and I use
them sometimes. Firefox doesn't either. Also, Blogger's setup for
uploading pics says "use this layout every time". Trouble is it
doesn't remember what setup you are using so despite having chosen
that option, I have to choose the justification (none) every time.
Bad programing.

No comments:

Post a Comment