Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Close call with the water today

After flushing the toilet first thing in the morning, I realized that
the water wasn't filling back up. Then I realized that I had no cold
water. Fearing the pipes had frozen I went downstairs and closed the
door that separates the furnace (boiler really) room from the rest of
the downstairs, a garage used for storage space. (I had been leaving
it open hoping that the heat from it would keep the downstairs warm
and thus keep the upstairs a little warmer too. By the same theory, I
leave it open in the summer so the heat dissipates. Two effects of
the same theory perhaps...) By the time I got back up stairs, a few
seconds, the cold water started flowing again. I was able to take a
shower, etc.

I see that my landlady has got a faucet dripping outside. I would
think her basement would be warm enough to prevent pipes from
freezing but I guess not. (it is big).

Saw a bird go into the bird house after breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment