Sunday, August 26, 2007

American Folk Festival, Sunday, 8/26/07

Sunday

I listen to MBPN and record that onto tape. I will record WERU on
RadioRecorder when I leave so that it will record about 4 hours and
45 minutes worth of that. I'll be able to record 3 hours of ERU,
hopefully getting back in time to put in fresh tapes and to restart
RadioRecorder, although I like what's on the Railroad Stage (WERU)
more than the Heritage Stage (MPBN) today.

12:07:04 PM ERU is still playing some CD. They say they will be live
all day but the festival has already started and they aren't
broadcasting it, as far as I can tell. Some brass/jazz band is
playing now. Kinda funky but not Larry Johnson and now another CD
plays. Still, I will record ERU's stream when I leave so we'll see
what is on there when I get back.

***

I return home at 5:18. RadioRecorder stopped at 240 minutes (15 min
into Eddie and Alonzo Pennington, theoretically). Who knows when the
Quicktime player stopped. I'll have to listen to the tape. (Hopefully
I caught Raz de Maree on ERU)

I pick up with Frank London on the Heritage Stage. Sounds good.
Quality stream, good mix, good music. I should be able to catch all
of Bruce Daigrepont. Frank London is flashy but too showy for me.
Trying to impress too much. Frenetic though they had a moment of just
plain nice music a little while ago.

05:34:38 PM MPBN stream restarts itself. WTF is up with that?

05:54:12 PM MPBN stream restarts itself again, conveninently inbetween tunes.

I listen to Frank London looking for it to end so I can listen to
Bruce Daigrepont (and am using RadioRecorder to record Bruce now
anyway.) Frank was supposed to be over 15 minutes ago...

05:58:51 PM A nice slower one. Grand even.

06:14:07 PM stream restarts itself or we get ID again.

Frank is still going at it a 6:20. They were supposed to be over at 5:45...

OK, it's 6:30. More? Oy.

06:33:55 PM It's fucking repeating, goddam it. Now it restarts again.
Geez.It'll never end. And since I don't n ow this music well enough I
don't know where it is picking up. I do know I have heard this
before...

I move the slider to near the end and see what happens. It stops
after repeating a section I just heard. Fuck it. Now to Bruce.

06:36:38 PM I go to ERU. Bruce is still playing, crescendo-ing.
(RadioRecorder is still recording so that is good. 82 minutes into it
so far.) Bruce ends tune. And the end of the set. DJ mangles the
name. Great. I caught the very end of it, live. I should have it all
on RadioRecorder.

6:40 pm i stop RadioRecorder and iTunes. Now to go back and listen to
today's stuff. I'll blog it when I've listened to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment