Friday, January 25, 2008

Oshun

I start up the WDSU cam at about 10 of 7 my time. It's raining badly.
I can hear a band coming in the distance! Great stream quality! A
beautiful picture. Here they come, they're smiling! The parade must
go on! I'm nice and warm inside and it's only a little colder
outside: 27 vs 37 in NO. Floats are throwing stuff, alright. The DSU
on air talent goes to to talk to some parade watchers: "we're crazy!"
we hear them say off camera. The cameraman yells to the king as his
float passes by, "King!". "He didn't do nuthin", after... People
inside their cars, to stay out of the rain, honk their horns in
appreciation. The on air talent goes to get some more sound bites,
brings back a black family, "We're going to be on tv! one of the
children says excitedly. Then the signal goes dead. I restart it and
see what turns out to be the beginning of the whole thing repeated.

On restart, I see Pygmalion has been rescheduled. I give up as player
won't play. They have probably stopped the feed.

We'll see if the video ends up on the internet. It isn't up yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment