Saturday, February 02, 2008

Sat 2/2 Iris, Tucks, Endymion?

Endymion from a different place than where their camera was for the webcast... (edited post facto)



I
tune in about 10 after 12 NY time. RealPlayer stops within 30 seconds. I restart it and it is ok for awhile.

Jeff is hosting.

DSU cam is black. I wonder why.

RealPlayer stops again. This isn't good. I may not be able to watch. I switch to RealOne Player. See how that does.

I give up on DSU cam. (12:22 NY time)

Nice ladybig plushie.

Damn Yankee story? Do tell!

Baby seal.

Blue then black screen w/ sparkles... weird (12:28 NY time) Audio is fine. Then it is fine. Then it happens again. Then RealOne Player stops.

I restart it. Getting blue flashes then is ok.

It stops again. I give up for now.

***

I return home at 6:15 pm NY time. The DSU cam has, I guess, Endymion on it. The Paradecam is up to the roof again. We see Arthur Hardy* and a DSU reproter on the DSU cam. Funny to watch them wait for the feed to go live, their being distracted by the parade behind them. Audio level is low.

*Make all those previous references Arthur Hardy, not Blaine Kern.

Arthur Hardy: "There's a lotta love here."

We see the parade off in the distance. DSU has again picked a spot where they can't see the parade well, can barely see it at all.

The paradecam is done yet the DSU cam still has the parade so where is the DSU cam? We see Mardi Gras Indians on trucks. This looks like Uptown somewhere. Where?

I watch, committed that I am.

One float has a searchlight that is bright even in the afternoon sun.

Two floats coming, both large heads that move with lights for eyes and mouth. They look great. Parade's moving slow when it moves at all.

7pm (NY time) the parade moves again. This float is a two-parter. Has building facades and the Superdome on it. Nice.

Maybe the DSU cam is on the corner of Orleans and Carrolton? Orleans and City Park? Floats are turning right from Orleans so I think it is Orleans and Carrolton. At least the sign looks like it says Orleans Ave but it's pretty hard to tell.

7:27 (NY time) Not alot going on.... The parade has stopped again. The other big-head float has yet to go around the corner and looks great, one big smile, all lit up. It changes from green to blue as it's eyes open and close. Gorgeous at night. "A Salute to Rudyard Kipling?" Broadway comedy and tragedy masks at each end, or just two comedy masks, I really didn't get to see the one at the back, I don't see how this is a salute to Rudyard Kipling.

The parade is now moving. Floats look great at night. People on them are showering the crowd with beads and other throws. It's raining beads. Like a snowplow flinging snow out of the way, beads are flying in a constant stream. Or a waterskier. Or like kids splashing in a pool, the water flying up are the beads.

A gorgeous Asian/Indian goddess on the next float. Blue face, red blouse. Thai? I'd say Siamese but that would be Thai these days.

The next float has a circular sun radiating on a pole in the front. That sun turns out to be a trumpet when I see it in profile. A god playing a trumpet.

A huge = long float now passing by. A three-parter.

DSU cam goes blue screen now. (7:50 PM NY time), Stream still working but blue screen. Not much point in waiting for this to get better...

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment