Sunday, April 20, 2008

Stopping feeding the birds

I am having a hard time stopping feeding the birds. I have a suet
feeder. (I don't feed them year-round because the fallen seed will
attract rats.) The suet ran out today and hearing what seemed to be
some plaintive cries, I gave in and put some more out. I know they
can survive without it but it just seemed that some were upset that
my supply wasn't there, their songs sounding just a little bit
worried/upset.

Things are greening up slowly here and I've started to see some moths
at night, so insects are becoming available for the birds and I guess
seed and other goodies are available all year-round. Still, I don't
want to disappoint them. I will miss their songs when I stop feeding
them since most will move away.

No comments:

Post a Comment