Saturday, February 21, 2009

highlights of Hermes, D'Etat, Morpheus, 2/20

Watching the WDSU cam...

I had planned to watch all of these but it didn't work out. I did
catch some parades up until about 11 NY time and then Morpeus at
11:30 pm.

What I caught before 11 was a little of the paradecam on nola.com. My
friends couldn't take listening to the woman who was hosting so I had
to turn it down. I also heard Charlie Brown on there for a little
while. Not two of my favorite hosts. And compared to the WDSU cam,
harder to watch with the camera bouncing around and the audio
overmodulating all the time. Still I plan to watch more and have
figured out how I can have a 2 camera switched feed on the computer!
Both full screen. (Both are Quicktime feeds using the Flip4mac plug
in so it's just a matter of switching windows and you can set QT to
have sound only from the top window.) With a cable modem, it's the
next best thing to real tv.

I was hoping to see some of the float names and enjoy the satire that
Krewe d'Etat is famous for but I didn't see much.

At 11:30 NY time, I saw Morpheus start downtown.

We see a cop bending over a few times to pick up some throws on the
ground. I guess they were good throws.

Then we see red lights coming up. They're motorcycles.

The video is hazy. The DSU cam doesn't work well in this light unless
it is close up, so much is blurry.

Then come the ATVs.

We had audio for a little while but I'm not getting any now.

The stream gags a little, stutters, 12:02 NY time.

Not much to see. A float doesn't have many riders on it, 4 plus the royalty.

We see a nice moon float, Heavenly Dreams.

Zeus? It looks like he is carrying a thunderbolt. At first I thought
it might be Poseidon.

We see some men in black shirts gathering in one spot. I wonder what
they were doing.

The stream gets better, 12:36 NY time.

We see some cute girls in red tops and black shorts. Cheerleaders.

A float with the sun on the front brings the crowd to life.

Then the parade is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment