Friday, June 16, 2006

(Fri 6/16) 2 fawns seen behind hedge by road

On the way to pick up the mail I saw this bush has berries on it. Anyone know what bush this is? The wild rose next to it has interesting fading flower buds which I also took a picture of but it came out too blurred.


As I walked through Judi's yard, from the back to make sure everything's ok, I notice something move ahead of me. There are two fawns resting by the hedge which has the road on the other side of it. I back off so they don't run towards it. I then pass them from the other side. I see only one. I get the mail. On the way back I see the other one get up. I talk to them. "Hi deer" is all I say, repeatedly. Take some pics. I was far away, didn't want to get close because I didn't want to scare them into the street. These are probably the baby deer Judi was talking about earlier which I hadn't seen until now. I've seen young deer here but not this young.

Here is a pic of the cat taken last night. A black cat in a dark window. At least you can see her eyes. (The movie on tv is Waterland.)

No comments:

Post a Comment