Saturday, June 10, 2006

other stuff

I'm worrying about the tree by Aldo's. Much of it isn't leafing.

Lots of chipmunk holes noted all along the railroad ties that line
the driveway. I see chipmunks go in them all the time, as I drive in
and out and as I walk to get the mail and back. Talked to one
yesterday. It sat by the tie and looked at me as I talked to it.
Maybe someday I can approach it or it me.

Haven't heard the red-tailed hawk in awhile. I suspect it has moved on.

Butterfly garden seems to be sprouting. Let's see what turns up.

The pot with phlox and violets doesn't seem to be being eaten
anymore. Whether they will recover is another thing.

Saw a rabbit the other day, on the lawn by my house. It scampered off
towards the out-of-control wild rose.

The repair shop, that fixed my Sony duplicating cassette deck and
Sony receiver, also fixed the idler wheel on the Sony 630D for free!
It was just a matter of adding a C clamp but they they did it for
free and didn't mention it. That was nice. Sun Electronics, West
Nyack, NY. (They don't fix camcorders so our old one is out of luck.)

The Sony cassette deck's left hand well now runs slower than the
right. Before it ran faster, but I probably can live with it. It
isn't too noticeable. What is weird is that when you engage the pitch
control, its normal position, the indent, is FASTER than with it off!
Did they calibrate the motor with it on? Weird. (Before the
normal/indent position would be the same as with it off)

I am also bidding on a 630D on eBay. Hope it isn't a lemon and that I win it.

Noted that the woman who sold me the Kenwood that arrived damaged
replied to my note about her on eBay: "Minor Ship Damage. Item does
work! Wanted something 4 nothing & Succeeded!" Um, It was a
duplicating cassette deck. One half of it didn't work when I got it
(because she didn't pack it properly. There was a slight dent on the
box and NO packing materials.). So I can't use it. I need a deck that
duplicates, that has both decks working. This deck is useless to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment