Thursday, August 03, 2006

I watch the mom deer eat to her heart's content in the "garden", the
area where a fence remains but other than the raspberries and the
mint I've planted, there isn't anything I care about. I took some
pics, saw the hummingbird but don't know if the pics of it came out,
probably not. Then when I check back on the deer, I see it eating my
raspberries. I bang on the window and it looks at me. I talk to it.
It goes back to eating the raspberries. I open the window and talk to
the deer again. Say hello to it. I don't know if it recognized me. It
went back to eating the raspberries. I clap my hands. It stops but
begins again. I clap my hands again. It finally bounds away. I see a
fawn head in the other direction further back. Nice to see the
fawn(s) still.

Awhile later, they are still camping out a little further back, like
they have for years.

Thunderstorm dropped the temperature 20 degrees but it is still quite humid.

No comments:

Post a Comment