Sunday, August 24, 2008

$11 for a bologna sandwich at Blue Hill cafe at the Stone Barns Center, Pocantico Hills, NY

I was at the cafe at the Stone Barns Center in Pocantico Hills, NY
yesterday. Had a bologna sandwich. I haven't had a bologna sandwich
since I was a kid. I thought since this place is supposed to have
good food, even something like bologna would be good, and probably
good for you, unlike all other bologna.

That and a small (but tasty) apple cider cost $11!

I guess the Rockefellers are still making money at this place.

To be honest, I don't know what the sandwich cost. They didn't have
the price on the menu but how expensive could a bologna sandwich be?
I mean, even if the ingredients are from real quality animals? The
menu also said "feel free to take a beverage" from the cooler. That
should mean they are free. (Maybe it was and the bologna all by
itself cost $11...) It didn't have any price on it either. So how
expensive could a small, maybe 5 oz, container of apple cider be? Do
they make it on gold cider presses?

The sandwich was ok. I didn't like the pickled vegetables strewn on
it so I scraped them off. And the bologna was only a few THIN slices.
The bread was good though.

How the rich stay rich...

1 comment:

  1. I was very interested in this post as I also had bologna sandwiches as a kid and remember them fondly, and as I've also been interested in the Stone Barns experiment in healthy, fresh, organic, local food. I think its location in Westchester has a good deal to do with its snobbiness in not posting prices. (And though I love vegetables, I wouldn't want pickled veggies on my bologna sandwich, either!)

    ReplyDelete